Self Exam



Remember the self portrait challenge I started last summer? I've been sticking with it - one portrait everyday for the last six months, and the project continues indefinitely. I've uploaded them all to a Tumblr site (sorry blogspot) which you can check out at ursulagullow.tumblr.com

I paint these everyday and get them scanned and converted to digital files which is why I'm always at least a week behind in posting them. Ideally I would post them every week. (Looks like I may have to invest in a scanner.)

It's rare now that I spend more than 25 minutes on one portrait and I always look in the mirror or use my computer camera because it is essential that I work from my reflection and not a memory.


Comments

  1. Wow! These are wonderful and I am very impressed with your dedication. What a great challenge and opportunity for exploration.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment