A portrait a day



August 1, 2013 3:00-4:00pm

A week ago I gave myself the challenge to paint my self portrait at least once every day, indefinitely. Mostly I spend 60 to 90 minutes on each painting. The longest I've sat so far is two hours.  I gave myself this project because this a way I can stay focused on a single idea amidst my internalized swirl of anxiety.

I'm hoping this project will serve as a journal of my technical evolution, while documenting my own physical evolution - or at least how I choose to represent myself in a painting.

The portrait pictured here is my seventh so far and probably the first that I am somewhat pleased with.

Stay tuned for more portraits in the future.

Comments

  1. wow! and i thought a portrait a week was hard... great to see this! I hope you share more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment