Fabulous Things (Revamp)

Fabulous Things (revamp)

Welcome to the inner workings of an artist, this is why blogs are fun.

After I posted the image below, I decided it needed a little revamping. Most importantly, I changed the colors of the flag. I felt the blue, white and red actually works better in both concept and design. The pink flag was getting a little lost, visually. The new flag also provides a cultural reference for the viewer. The old flag was based off a medieval painting (of St. Ursula, one of many rockstars of the Catholic Church -- but more on that later.) The new flag implies a contemporary symbol, while it's medieval style is still intact.
I also dolled up the rockers and light a little in the background because I thought they needed more attention.

Here's an image of the St. Ursula painting I was talking about:
http://www.aiwaz.net/uploads/gallery/glory-of-st-ursula-4692-mid.jpg

Comments