Random photos of art, design and nature from my latest journey.

I've come to realize that I'm not that great at taking pictures while I'm trying to enjoy an experience, and actually I never have been. I get irritated at the obligation of taking out my camera (phone) to snap a shot and yet, it's irresistible not to. 
During my 5-weeks trip to upstate NY, Brooklyn, Newcastle, England and London, England I saw many artistic treasures, but only recorded about 1% of them.
Below is 1% from that 1%.




It's me as a cat in West Oneonta, NY.



Love her, love the cat. Cooperstown, NY

My mom said, "This is like an Ursula Gullow painting." Compliment!



Something about the perfect geometry of this writer spider's line makes me feel queasy.


Yes Lee Krasner, yes! Whitney Art Museum, NYC.



Can't remember the artist. Love the painting. Whitney Art Museum, NYC


Andy Warhol at The Whitney



A perfect American family at the Whitney



Never forget what Reagan didn't do to help victims of the AIDS crisis. Whitney Art Museum


One of my favorite paintings at the Brooklyn Art Museum. Artist is Aaron Gilbert.  


The Brooklyn Art Museum has a terrific permanent collection.



The River Wear in Durham, England. 


Graffiti near Brick Lane in East London


East London


East London


Basically this is one of my greatest nightmares depicted in oil - The Trial of Queen Caroline at The National Portrait gallery in London. She is the only woman in the room on trial before all those men.


Beautiful details at The National Portrait Gallery


Details for days.



This is the Barbican Housing Estate which surrounds Barbican Art Center. It was built after WWII to house low income families but now rich people live in it. The Brutalist architecture was despised for years but these days everyone is loving Brutalism, including myself.


The dirty shores of the lovely Thames


Bubbles in the London sky.




Comments