Penland Scholarship


I'm excited to share the good news:

I have received a full scholarship to attend a workshop at Penland School of Crafts, in beautiful Mitchell County, NC July 20-August 5th. I will be studying with Evie Woltil Richner as part of her Experiments in Drawing & Printmaking. Here's a bit from the online course description:

"We’ll begin with a focus on capturing a sense of place through drawing and observing the world of Penland. Then we’ll bring these collected drawings and experiences into the print studio to prompt our experiments in monoprinting, soft and hard ground etching, and combinations thereof. This workshop will collaborate extensively with Robert Mueller’s workshop in the print studio."


I applied for this class specifically because I'm really attracted to Evie's work, and because I have practically no printmaking experience and have always wanted to learn more.


In the summer of 2004 I studied plein air painting at Penland and the experience was eye-opening! Not to mention, the food is delicious, the campus is spectacular and the people are a loving bunch. I'm so grateful for this opportunity to take an art vacation and learn new skills. I'll be sure to post some images of my projects along with an updates about the class.

Comments