Relics

Relics I. oil on canvas 5"x5"

In my Intro to Archeology class we learned that the study of mankind is essentially the study of discarded objects.

Relics II. oil on canvas 5"x5"

So I decided to paint some of the objects of my habitat as a type of self-portrait.

Relics III. oil on canvas 5"x5"

The mundane, the mass-produced, the imported, the functional and the ubiquitous.

Relics IV. oil on canvas 5"x5"

Relics of my life in this era.

A selection of these paintings will be on display March 24 - May 5th in the lobby gallery of NC Stage Company located at 15 Stage Lane in downtown Asheville. (just off of Walnut Street.)
An opening reception will be held Friday March 25th 5:30 - 7:30.
NC Stage is open during regular business hours Mon-Fri.
Call 828-239-0263 for more info.

Comments